
Thanks for your comments. I wish I could do the blogging thing a bit more consistently but I find I have to prioritise in that either/or way – either I concentrate on my photography or… not! So here I am trying to merge the two activities into something that can encompass both words and images.
Cusp, the Shard is some landmark building-to-be, towering over the footprint of London Bridge railway station. I'm assuming that you worked in that 60s building opposite Guy's Tower? If so ... it was demolished this year. I have a few photos of it under destruction.
Today I had a medical appointment and afterwards I could not resist the Shard at dusk against the fading, cloudless Autumn sky. The various light sources played havoc with the camera's auto white balance so I've tried to restore the 'memory colours' as best as I could. I've been photographing it on and off this year and every time I see it it's grown several stories or morphed into it's Shard-y shape. Right now, the glass cladding is colonising the surface. I'll post another of today's pictures tomorrow.
1 comment:
Another great photo. Be interested to see some of the others. I used to work in the Guardian Royal Insurance building for my sins...absolutely ghastly and soul-destroying !
So glad you're persisting :O)
Post a Comment